Vehicle Police Clearance
Criminal Record Check
Home Affairs Certificates
Head Office and Courier address
57 Swarthout Street
1. All vehicles in private individuals or business names.
• Original Registration Certificate / Log Book / RC1
• Data Dot Certificate.
• Vehicle must have a valid license.
• If the vehicle is not registered into the applicant for police Clearance name, a original proof of purchase must be supplied. NB!! It is easier and we prefer to do the export in the present owners name if the purchaser has not registered the vehicle in his/her name.
2. Appointment of GMTM Consultants to obtain Police Clearance.
2.1. Private individuals : Download, complete and sign.
2.2. Businesses : Download, Copy and paste on a letterhead and Sign.
3. Sworn Avadavat to be handed in at SAPS authorising us.
3.1. Avadavat specifically for Pretoria/ Tswane: Affidavits must be done at the SAPS. Very important download and complete as per example at SAPS. The avadavat must be handwritten and not typed.
3.1.1. Example for a individual.
3.1.2 Example for a business.
3.1.3. Required format and form to use.
3.2. Avadavat for all other areas expect Tswane / Pretoria
220.127.116.11 Individual: If he owner of the vehicle is a private individual in all centres Exept Tswane. ( Download, Complete and scan back to us)
18.104.22.168 Business: If he owner of the vehicle is a business in all centres Except Tswane. ( Download. Complete and scan back to us)
4. Owners Identification :
4.1. If done for Pretoria copies must certified at SAPS.
4.2. If owner is a Private individual:
• Copy of South African with a ID book or card. ( very clear copy with no stamps or blemishes we will certify except Pretoria to be certified at SAPS)
• If a Non-
4.3. If the owner is a Business Entity:
• BRN Certificate (Very clear copy without stamps or blemishes)(This is the certificate issued by the Licensing Department to Businesses/trusts etc to register vehicles in their name.)
• Proxy ID (Very clear copy we will certify -
• If a Non-
• If the proxy and the person signing the avadavat is two different people also supply copy of that persons ID
5. Proof of address not older than 3 months.
5.1. Accepted documents for proof of address.
• Utility Bill.
• Recurring bills like cell phone accounts.
• Tel com accounts
• Credit card accounts
5.2. Documents not accepted.
• Once off accounts like doters accounts.
• License renewal notices.
• Scan and email all documents to us ( No faxes) -
• We will;
•• Prepare documents.
•• Obtain a Request for police Clearance ( RPC ) at the relevant licensing department.
•• Mark the vehicle for export and stop any further license fees and transactions.
• On the morning of the appointment we will collect the vehicle at about 6:30 and return it between 13:00 AND 16:00 with the clearance certificate.
• The Export Clearance will be delivered in most instances within 2 work days.
• On completion we can apply for a export clearance on your behalf.
Lead time is dependant on the SAPS but usually between 1 and 3 working days.
When a vehicle is permanently exported from South Africa.
Where must the Police Clearance be done?
There are designated Police Departments who does the Police Clearance. Your police Clearance must be done where your vehicle is registered for example:
|• Pretoria: if you live in Pretoria, Cullinan, Rayton and Bronkhorspruit areas.
• Centurion: If you live in the Centurion area. ( Midstream does not fall under Centurion)
• Langlaagte: if you live in Midrand and Johannesburg -
• Benoni: If you live in Edenvale, Kemptonpark, Alberton, Boksburg, Germiston, Benoni, Springs and Brakpan.
• Lenasia: If you you live in Randfontein, Krugersdorp, Lenasia and Soweto.
• Vereniging: if you live in Vereniging and Vandbijlpark
Why is it necessary to obtain a Police Clearance for a Intended Export.
• It wont be possible to register the vehicle in another country without the Export Clearance
• If it is known that a Permanent Export is intended the vehicle will not be allowed to cross the border without a valid police clearance.